Your support is vital in ensuring that our pupils look smart in their uniform throughout the school year. The way the children present themselves is our best advertisement for the values that the school represents.
We expect Oldfields pupils appearance to be smart and appropriate for school. Pupils should not come to school wearing exaggerated or casual fashion styles, such as denims, trainers or boots. We also require pupils hair styles to be conventional – no extreme hair styles or non natural colour. No make-up, nail polish or acrylic nails.
Oldfields Hall uniform with logos are sold at School’s In (formerly Trutex Meir). Major high street shops stock the remainder of our recommended school uniform. You may of course use any stockist to buy the items described in the uniform lists. For safety, pupils should not bring any jewellery to school, except for a wristwatch and one set of plain ear studs, which must be removed or covered with tape during physical activities. Shoes must not have a heavy tread, to avoid mud being brought into the building.
- Oldfields Hall V neck navy sweatshirt with school logo.
- White or pale blue blouse with collar.
- Oldfields Hall tie (clip-on or traditional ties are available).
- Black or grey tailored trousers or skirt.
- Blue gingham dresses are permitted in warm weather. Black or grey tailored shorts are permitted in warm weather.
- Plain dark or white socks or dark tights.
- Plain black shoes (low heeled and must be polishable). No canvas shoes, trainers or boots.
- Oldfields PE t-shirt
- Oldfields PE rugby top
- Navy blue shorts or sports skort
- Navy blue football socks
We advise not buying football and rugby boots until we have told pupils they will be doing those activities.
Pupils will also need a gum shield and shin pads.
They may wear a base layer and dark tracksuit bottoms in winter.
All Year 5’s will go swimming in the Autumn term to be assessed. Plain black or blue swimwear is needed (for boys trunks or jammers, for girls a one piece swimming costume).
Our logoed uniform can be purchased from School’s In (formerly Trutex Meir):
41 Weston Road
Dark blue handwriting pen or fountain pen (not biro)
Headphones (for use in ICT and Music)
A4 plastic wallet (to keep homework in)
Pair of compasses (KS3 only)
Scientific calculator (KS3 only. Recommended model: Casio FX83GTX)
Also useful: a pair of safety scissors, a highlighter pen.