Aims of the SEND policy
The aims of our special educational need and disability policy and practice in this school are:
- To make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability by ensuring increased access to the curriculum, the environment and to printed information for all.
- To ensure that children and young people with SEN engage in the activities of the school alongside pupils who do not have SEN
- To reduce barriers to progress by embedding the principles in the National Curriculum Inclusion statement www.gov.uk
- To use our best endeavours to secure special educational provision for pupils for whom this is required, that is “additional to and different from” that provided within the differentiated curriculum to better respond to the four areas of need:
– Communication and interaction
– Cognition and learning
– Social, mental and emotional health
- To request, monitor and respond to parent/carers’ and pupils’ views in order to evidence high levels of confidence and partnership.
- To ensure a high level of staff expertise to meet pupil need, through well-targeted continuing professional development.
- To support pupils with medical conditions with the aim of full inclusion in all school activities by ensuring consultation with health and social care professionals.
- To work in cooperative and productive partnership with the Local Authority and other outside agencies, to ensure there is a multi-professional approach to meeting the needs of all vulnerable learners.
To Contact the Senco in the first instance please call the main reception on – 01889 562770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please click on the document below.
Check the SCC Local offer here: Staffordshire Marketplace